1. Default From NYC to Niagara Falls road trip

My husband and I are going to Niagara falls(Canada) from NYC. We are planning on leaving October 29 early in the morning and stay until November 2, we want to know what places can we visit while in the road but we need to make it to the Canada the same day because we booked a hotel already. Also want to know what do during our stay, I'll love to see a little bit of Canada but something that we can come back to the hotel. Thank you 😉

Joplin MO

Welcome to RTA!

If you have to make the drive in one day, you really don't have much time to do anything but take the fastest route (I-80/I-380/I-81/I-90) - it's about a 7 hour drive, plus delays getting out of NYC and through the border crossing.

Do you both have passports? You will need them at the border.

If you want to both cut down the miles you drive, and get off the Interstates for some nice scenery, you could take US-6 out of Scranton to US-220 to I-86, and take that to I-390 to NY-63 to US-20 into the Buffalo area. This is also virtually toll-free. It will make the drive more like 8 to 9 hours, but you should be able to find an interesting place to stop for lunch. US-6 is a particularly scenic drive and goes through some interesting towns.

3. Default

Thanks for the suggestions, and yes we both have passport. How about places to visit while in Canada??

Tucson, AZ

Default Besides the Falls

In the Niagara Falls area the highlight is, of course, the Falls. There are several vantage points worth checking out including the Maid of the Mist boat ride, the tunnels that give access to a view of the falls from behind, both the American (Niagara Falls State Park) and Canadian (Victoria Park) sides as well as Goat Island (in the middle). But there are other nearby spots worth checking out in addition. Perhaps prime among these is the charming town of Niagara-on-the-Lake ON with Fort George National Historic Site. You might also want to check out the Welland Canal, historic Fort Erie and Rock Point Provincial Park south of the Falls leading to and on Lake Erie. Not too terribly far afield is Toronto with all its possibilities. And don't forget to leave some time, at least on the way back to stop at a few of the venues between Niagara Falls and NYC.

5. Default

Awesome!!! Thank You so much!!!!!