1. Default Northwest Indiana to Disney World (FL)

We are traveling to Disney World from Northwest Indiana. Due to our work schedules we will begin our trip at 1:00 PM on a Thursday. We want to arrive in Disney by Friday evening. What would be the best way to break up the trip ? I am concerned about driving thru the TN mountains in the dark the first day. If we stay north of that the first night it makes for a very long second day. Any suggestions of timing and an RV place to stay along the way ??

Joplin MO

Welcome to RTA!

When are you taking this trip so it can be moved to the appropriate forum?

I'm sorry, but you are not allowing enough time to make this drive. It's at least 1100 miles, which is 2 full days, especially in a RV. You either have to take Thursday off, or spend 2 nights on the road arriving in FL midday Saturday at the earliest.

Southern California

I totally agree with GLC on this one -- that's 1100-1200 miles (depending on whether you go I-65/I-24/I-75, or I-65/I-74/I-75). With an RV, that's going to be AT LEAST 22 hours, probably more like 24 -- which means two long days on the road. If this were me, I'd take Thursday morning off too and leave early, making Chattanooga your overnight stop.

When you stick to interstates, your mountain grades will be limited to 6% and there will usually be an extra lane added for slow vehicles. If you are going slower than the cars (and you probably will), you'll want to stay in that extra right lane with all of the slow trucks.

Definitely, though -- make this a 2-day drive, not a day-and-a-half. You'll be safer and happier once you get to the Parks. Are you staying off-property, or at Fort Wilderness on the property?

4. Default

We are going next month. I apologize that I didn't post this in the correct place.

5. Default

We are staying at Sherwood Forest in Kissimmee. Fort Wilderness was full.