Default Our new Roadtrip vehicle.

Lezli and I have recently reached our 25th wedding anniversary, but we did not have a big celebration or 'special' trip due to a family bereavement. So on our recent camping trip to Somerset we decided to treat ourselves to a new Roadtrip vehicle, a model that has been on my 'radar' for a while now. It has a silky smooth 3.5ltr V6 engine as found in the Nissan 350z sports coupe, lots of room with Captains chairs that spin around and also make a bed. The Nissan Elgrand is not available in Europe but a few are making there way to our shores by importers, although I have yet to see another on the road. Oh I wish I could bring it to the USA, but I'm sure we will have plenty of fun in the UK and possibly Europe over the years to come.

I don't know if any of these have made thier way to the USA, but I reckon it would make for a nice tourer over there. We will probably get a 'Drive away' side awning for it if we use it for a long trip. There is a pretty cool Oxygene tent that takes up little space when packed away and inflates and connects to the side of the vehicle to make more room when needed. Unlike a full on camper conversion, it can be used to take friends and family out in comfort and seats up to 7 people. Grandkid's are loving it !!

Dave.
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 09-28-2014 at 07:07 AM. Reason: removed extra code

Default Beautiful

Wow! That's a beautiful ride!

Very cool.

and congrats on your 25th anniversary! (one more year and Megan and I will mark that milestone too).

Mark

Default Thanks.

Thanks Mark, we are really pleased with it. It has all the Japanese gadgetry with it, including an electronic opening side door, rear passenger remote controls for setting their own AC temperature, operate the DVD player [need a media player to convert it] and sunroof etc plus much more. [much more that can go wrong !] Plenty of grunt from the V6 too !

Who knows, maybe we will get over next year to buy you a celebratory drink for your 25th !

Dave.

Default Congratulations Lezli and Dave.

Many more happy years.

Looks a great road trip vehicle but being 6 foot 4 inches never been able to get comfortable in these small spaces – a good large hotel bed is my style. Somerset is a wonderful county - just spent time away in nearby Dorset. Great weather and sights.

You young men have a way to go yet – we did our 50 years married last year.

Default Half way there !

Wow, 50 years Eris congratulations, that's Golden ! ;-) Dorset is another lovely county and like Somerset, often overlooked by the crowds heading to Devon and Cornwall which is another big plus for them both. In Somerset we love exploring the Quantocks and coast and in one direction, we have Exmoor and Lynton and Lynmouth and in the other, the Mendips and Cheddar Gorge etc and we have been known to take a day trip down to Dartmoor and Exmouth from there.

Pleased to hear you had a good trip, I particularly like the Isle of Purbeck area in Dorset and we have been blessed with great weather this September.

Dave.

Our Nissan Quest is built on the same platform, but there aren't a lot of similarities. Perhaps the next generation Quest will be a lot more like it.

Default Congratulations!

Wow, that looks like a comfy roadtrip vehicle. Especially like the teddy. lol

A very worthwhile present tocelebrate such a great occasion. Looking forward to reading the roadtrip reports.

Lifey

Default Can't wait for Road trippin to start !

George. Yes I can see the slight resemblance to the Quest, but I don't think it will go the way of the Elgrand which has been around in this guise for roughly 12 years. In fact there is a new Elgrand available in Japan that is more futuristic with a 'Chiseled' look with it's angular lines. I prefer the look of the older version tbh.

Lifey. Thanks. Yes we are looking forward to future trips, but for this year they will only be daytrips as Lezli has used up her holiday allowance. It drives very well but it's the first time ever I have actually prefered being in the back, when stationary anyway. ;-) The picture wouldn't have been complete without Ted ! lol

We still intend to use our trailer tent when in Somerset, but the van will offer an additional 'comfy lounge' area on those trips and give us the option of staying out overnight instead of having to return to the tent at the end of the day.

Dave.