Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trip to western part of the USA.

I cordially greet you from Prague.
    Next year, in July 2015 I planning a trip to the western part of the USA with my daughter, that is 15 years old. The more I read and give interesting information together, the more I am lost. Would anyone among you, who would advise me what point of interest to choose from. I would not want a daughter or myself (I am 65 years) destroyed. :)?
    This way I plan. Starting in Los Angeles for a few days and then move on to the Pacific Ocean for one week (cheaper accommodation toward San Diego) to enjoy the beach. Then go after the beauties of the West: Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, (Idaho), Montana, Washington, Oregon, California. Week stay at the ocean and return to Europe. Approximately a month traveling around the States and 14 days on the beach. Thank you for your kindness. Ivo.

Default A wonderful Daddy/daughter trip !

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

The best way to avoid being "destroyed" on this trip is to go where you want to go and at a pace you are both comfortable with and not follow someone elses idea of a perfect trip. To ensure you don't "destroy" each other, it is important that you research together and both have input into your trip, so that it is not just one persons dream you are following. :-) In other words, you should decide which 'points' on the map interest the two of you and start marking those places on the map, afterall, no one knows your interests better than you ! Once you have got this far you can start filling in the areas in between those points.

A month on the road is a nice amount of time to explore the States you have mentioned, with a rich pick of National parks, scenic byways, small towns and City's between them. Rather than 'firing off' a huge list of possible places I would suggest you sit down with your daughter with a good map and create a route with the places that have already gained your interest. Once you have done so, we can certainly offer suggestions and help fill in the blanks, but for now there are just far too many to mention without knowing what your interests are and at what pace you like to travel.

Enjoy the planning and come back when you have made a start and have more questions.

Hello and thank you very much.
    I totally agree. Exactly as you write. I'm going out there regarding daughters and not about me. I want my daughter to see another life in the world, before my daughter "escapes" into the world and have own life. :) :) :)
    We returned this year from the eastern part, visiting from Key West to the Canadian border, so we planned together. It turned out well and we planned five months in advance. West is much more interesting, much more options and therefore I have already spent some 100 hours and well in my situation is true, "The more I know, I realize that I know nothing." Somehow we will deal with it. :) Thank you. :)

Default You are not alone.

Please don't take what I said wrong, we are here to help so don't think you have to deal with it alone. :-) All I am suggesting is that you give us some more detail of what you already like and any other info you think may be useful. Even if it's "we want to visit the Grand canyon and Yellowstone and must see......." etc and then we can help you get the best from it.

Dave.

:-) Thank you Dave.

Hello, everyone. The route I have done and know I'm working on details relating. Do you have experience of accommodation in Mexico to the coastal Tijuana, a few dozen kilometers from the border US? It's safe with 15 teenage girls? Thank you. :)

I have daughters, and have lived in San Diego for many years. I definitely would NOT travel to Tijuana with teenaged girls. There is a lot of civil unrest down there. Stay on the north side of the US-Mexican border!

Donna

Hi DONNA.
    Thank you very much for your reply. I found the 7 days hotel accommodation right on the coast with high ratings, but it is in Mexico. I thank you for your kindness. I'll look in the USA for hotel. I will use of your knowledge. Is there a safe trip for a day to see Mexico for my daughter or do I have removed from the program.

I would not recommend you cross the Mexico border AT ALL. You also are not permitted to take a rental car across the border.

Thank you for the information glc. :) Daughter it will not be thrilled, but nothing could be done. :( Thank you.
    Regarding the car we plan to be also in Canada. Rental car if I announce that we're going to Canada it is possible ? I am a citizen USA?