1. Default El Centro California to Omaha, Nebraska

Good evening
    I will be traveling by the end of October and was wondering if someone knows what would be the best route and safer. As I look on the maps I'm shown 3 options. Thanks for your help.

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

If you're looking at maps, you'll see there are not 3 options - there are thousands of options. I suspect you're looking at an online mapping program - which is spitting out 3 options. There is nothing wrong with using computer mapping programs to assist with your planning, but you should never rely solely on technology - including GPS - or allow technology to think for you.

US highways are all extremely safe, and its your choices about how you drive that are much more important when it comes to safety. If you are looking just to make this trip as quickly as possible, I'd make your way up to Las Vegas, and then take I-15 to I-70 to I-76 to I-80. It's about 1600 miles, so you need at least 3 day to make the trip safely. At the end of October, there is a slight chance of seeing winter weather, especially along I-70 through Colorado, so you should pay attention to the weather forecasts.