1. Default Top Picks to see with Kids (Pensacola-DC RT)

I'd love to hear what your top picks to see with kids ages 3-almost 10 between Pensacola, FL and DC and then from VA Beach, VA back to FL. (I plan to stop in Williamsburg and Jamestown between DC and VA Beach.) we don't have a ton of time as there will be time visiting family as well in our little over a week timeframe. Thanks!

Tucson, AZ

Default Best is the One Thing You Don't Have

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

The thing that would make this trip truly memorable for your kids would be the one thing you don't have to give them: time. You have little enough time for the drives up to DC and back home, a day or two in DC, and a day to spend seeing Williamsburg and Jamestown. Rather than trying to find more things to throw at them, concentrate instead on making the long drives bearable by making fairly frequent stops at smaller venues where they can just get out of the car, run around a bit, and blow off the steam. In DC, you could easily spend two full days or more just visiting sites on the Mall, in particular the Air and Space Museum, the 'Castle', the Washington Monument (take them to the top), the Lincoln Memorial, the Capitol, and the less-visited (but a favorite with my nephew when he was your kids' age) Jefferson Memorial.