Napier, New Zealand, New Zealand

Default San Francisco round trip

Hi There, i'm Rob from New Zealand. me and a couple of friends are thinking of doing a round trip by camper van, starting at San Francisco and ending there as well. What would be the best route, taking in consideration location, upcoming events, concerts etc. We are thinking of travelling early Oct but this is flexible. We are thinking a week to 10 days travelling max. Also, is it really cold if for some reason we travelled in Feb instead. Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

There's no such thing as a generic "best route," especially since we have no idea at all what you might be interested in seeing or doing. Certainly, San Francisco is a great place as a starting point for a roadtrip. You could head into Northern California, down the Central California Coast onto LA, Over to the Sierra Nevada Mountains for places like Yosemite, Sequoia, or beyond that to Lake Tahoe or Las Vegas.

You'll have to give us more insight if you want more specific advice.

The weather in February again depends upon where you are going. There are plenty of places in California that rarely see temperatures below freezing, there are also places in California that get hundreds of inches of snow.

South of England.

Default Starting point.

This thread is a good place to start searching for ideas. You will find many more searching the forums. Once you have made a start and an idea of where it is you want to go we can help to fill in the blanks and offer suggestions. I would opt for October [which is one fo my favourite times to travel] over February and if October is not possible I would try and go later the following year, Mid May onwards being a good choice when the weather is often more settled but before the crowds.

Southern California

In many areas, an RV in February would be an inconvenience, too. If traveling in any areas where it may freeze, you have to be careful of any pipes and tanks. California would be fine except in the mountains, such as Yosemite, Sequoia, or similar.