Huntington Station, New York, United States

Default Planning for April 2015 from Long Island NY to Yellowstone?!?!?!?

Hello all. I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for little guidance. My wife and I are planning a road trip for the spring. My thoughts were before the Earth blows up due to Yellowstone erupting, I'd like to visit it. I'm a little apprehensive about driving such a long distance but I would like to stop by a few places along the way. Such as "Falling Water" in Mill Run, PA. I'm a big fan of Frank Lloyd Wright and his work. So that is definitely a must. I would only have 11 days to make this crazy trip and get back to NY.

Your thoughts?...

Joplin MO

Welcome to RTA!

April is not a good month to visit Yellowstone. It will still be in "winter mode" and none of the roads except the one from the north entrance to the northeast entrance will be open. Unless you can change the trip to late May at the earliest (June would be better), it would pretty much be a total waste.

Not only that, but just to drive from LI to Yellowstone via fastest route with no sightseeing stops will take 4 days each way. That would only leave you 3 days to do anything else.

Huntington Station, New York, United States

thanks for the advise. I think we're better off flying in and renting a SUV.
    Last edited by Southwest Dave; 08-15-2014 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Quote not needed for in line response.

South of England.

Default Not much help in April

With the time you have available flying and renting would make more sense, however it doesn't matter what vehicle you have, other than a snowmobile, most of the park will still be closed to traffic during April.