1. Default Motor bike Insurance for non-resident

Hi new to the forum - I need help regarding motorcycle insurance for a non resident. Does anyone know of a company that will insure overseas residents.
    Thanks for any info.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default not a simple question

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Long story short, finding insurance as a non-resident is difficult for any kind of vehicle is a challenge - although not necessarily impossible.

Because of how insurance is set up in the US, what you're asking really isn't a simple question. Insurance is regulated by the states, so the options for policies and companies in say Florida are different than what you'll find in New York or California, or Nebraska. Of course, the other part of that is you generally need to get insurance in the state in which you register the car, and that is even more difficult to do as a non-resident.

So really, it's going to come down to the details of your plan. Where are you starting your trip, how are you planning to get this motorcycle, how long are you planning to be in the US, etc.

I will say that for the vast majority of visitors coming to the US on the Visa Wavier Program (ie for 3 months or less), trying to purchase and insure a vehicle is generally not a viable or cost effective option. You actually could easily be better off looking to rent, where insurance is a much easier issue to solve.

Melbourne, Australia

Default One I know of.

Click on my name. Select the email option, and send me an email. I will give you the name of my insurance lady. I am almost certain they do motor bikes as well.