1. Default Need Route from Los Angeles CA to Denver, CO that includes Four Corners Monument

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a route that is doable in 2 days leaving from Los Angeles and arriving in Denver. We are traveling with 2 young kids and would prefer if days in the car were not over 10 hours - doable? Recommended hotel stops?

Thanks in advance!

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Driving from LA to Denver in 2 days is very possible. Doing it in 2 days keeping your drives down to 10 hours a day or less is possible. Doing it in 2 days, keeping it to 10 hours or less, and visiting 4 corners really isn't possible. It simply will require more than 20 hours of driving to go that route, because of all the 2 lane roads.

If you had your heart set on stopping at 4 corners - which really just is a marker, where you can pay a few bucks to put your hands/feet in 4 states at once - your best bet would be I-40 to Flagstaff and then up US-89 and US-160 to Kayenta, AZ for the night. The first day is likely going to take about 12 hours on the road. The second day, the easiest route would probably be to simply continue on US-160 all the way across southern Colorado and then up I-25 to Denver. Day two would be about 10 hours.

Of course, I'll point out that of all the amazing things between LA and Denver, 4 corners would be at the very bottom of my list of things to see. Just on that same route, you'd be going by places like the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, the Million Dollar Highway, and Great Sand Dunes National Park.

What I would do is stick to the direct route, of I-15 to I-70, which already is going to take you about 9 hours of driving each day. Those are a couple of the most scenic interstates in the country, and also provide lots of places to stop for a break - including Zion National Park, Arches/Canyonlands, or Glenwood Springs to name a few. If you went that way, Richfield, Utah would be close to the halfway point.