1. Default Seattle to Grand Tetons and Glacier in 5 nights

I have 6 days/5 nights for a road trip. I want to go to the Grand Tetons and Glacier. I have been to Yellowstone and don't feel the need to visit there again this trip. I thought I would go to the Grand Tetons first, then to Glacier. Is this reasonable? I'm willing to drive a good stretch each day. I figured Seattle to at least Pendleton, OR the first day. I plan to camp and sleep in my SUV.

Please help me flesh out this trip!

South of England.

Default It's doable, but........

Hello and welcome to RTA !

I think that with the time you have available the Tetons are just to much of a diversion to be able to enjoy both parks fully. It's almost 4 days of driving to visit both parks and drive back to Seattle, plus you would need to get much further than Pendleton on day 1 if you did. It is close to double the mileage of a trip out to Glacier and back. Personally I would consider a more relaxed pace both ways and enjoy Glacier for 2 or 3 days while taking different routes in each direction.

3. Default

Thanks so much. What 2 routes would you recommend for going/coming from Glacier?

Melbourne, Australia

Default Taking the scenic route.

Think about picking up US-2 in northern ID and follow that to West Glacier. From St Mary or East Glacier US-2 will take you back to Kalispell, where you could choose to take US-93 to Lake Koocanusa and back down to US-2. All these routes are incredibly scenic, but not necessarily high speed. So be sure to allow the time for them.

Where are you planning to sleep in your SUV? Have you removed the seats and made a comfortable sleeping area? It is not recommended to sleep in/on the seats. It will not afford you the rest you need to enjoy the following day(s).

South of England.

Default Bison Range. [?]

As above, if you took US2 to West Glacier you really want to drive the Going to the sun road through the park to St Marys Lake and then head to the beautiful 'Many Glacier' area of the park. You could easily spend 2 to 3 days here, especially if you crossed the border to the Waterton Lakes area. [Pasport required] Taking I90 would be an alternative home for a quicker journey. After Glacier you could head south around Flathead Lake and possibly visit the National Bison Range before taking MT200/135 along the Clark Fork river to I90.