Default Still Rollin' - Florida to the Top of the World

I did this trip on a motorcycle in 2012 but I thought others may enjoy the pictures of northern Alaska.
    This trip started in SE Wisconsin and the first destination was Key West, FL. The southernmost point in the US.
    The next destination was Prudhoe Bay, AK, 300 miles north of the Arctic Circle and the northernmost point in the US.

The full trip was 11,197 miles and I had 16 days to complete it because I had to get back to work!
    It was a 1600 mile ride to get to the starting point in Florida, a 5600 mile ride to get to Prudhoe Bay and an almost 4000 mile ride to get back home to Wisconsin.

A lot of wildlife, scenic roads and interesting people. One of my favorites trips!

More detail and pictures here - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827740

I tried to add pictures here, couldn't get it to work.

Wow, that was a serious trip! I really enjoyed the pictures, thanks for sharing!

Default for next time

Yes, a great report.

for the Future here are some tips about adding photos (I know you placed photos here in the past -- I wonder what happened this time?)

Look at post #2 on this thread

Mark

Default Might have seen you on the road.

Great trip.

Did you do the trip solo or with one of the groups which runs motorcycle trips up there? It was in the same week I drove to Prudhoe Bay. There were lots of motorcycle groups on the haul road then. If you watch these forums I'm sure you will have seen my report.

Did you stay in those awful huts at Coldfoot? In Wiseman you could have got a much nicer room with use of a full kitchen, lounge, bathrooms and laundry for less than half that price.

I still have the blue bootees from the Prudhoe Bay Hotel.

If you lingered at Grayling Lake, did you see one of the lynx which hang out there?

I'm hoping to do it all again......one day.

Lifey

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sedenquist View Post
    Yes, a great report.

for the Future here are some tips about adding photos (I know you placed photos here in the past -- I wonder what happened this time?)

Look at post #2 on this thread

Mark
    Thank you! I will have to try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifemagician View Post
    Great trip.

Did you do the trip solo or with one of the groups which runs motorcycle trips up there? It was in the same week I drove to Prudhoe Bay. There were lots of motorcycle groups on the haul road then. If you watch these forums I'm sure you will have seen my report.

Did you stay in those awful huts at Coldfoot? In Wiseman you could have got a much nicer room with use of a full kitchen, lounge, bathrooms and laundry for less than half that price.

I still have the blue bootees from the Prudhoe Bay Hotel.

If you lingered at Grayling Lake, did you see one of the lynx which hang out there?

I'm hoping to do it all again......one day.

Lifey
    This was a solo trip.
    I did stay in Coldfoot, not a lot of choices there.

I really enjoyed my stay in Wiseman. He let me use his power washer, gave me two beers, made me breakfast and shared a lot of stories from the area. Also gave me a tour of his museum. Sitting at the table sharing stories with that mid-night sun is one of my favorite memories. It was a perfect end to that day.

The museum in Wiseman, Alaska -

UCC689.jpg

The pipeline in northern Alaska -

UCC495-2.jpg