Default North Florida to Colorado.

I am also planning my first road trip from North Florida to Colorado with my 8 year old son. I am looking for a route that will take me through some fun things to do with him. ATV, camping, zip line, site seeing. I eventually want to go to Utah for a dude ranch or another location. I plan to stay in Colorado for a couple weeks with family and use that as a "home base" while I find other activities to do such as Grand Canyon etc. Any suggestions on the best route to take from North Florida to Colorado or even through Utah and places to stop at? I don't want to push the driving time to much, I would prefer a more relaxing trip. thanks for any suggestions.
    Last edited by Southwest Dave; 06-23-2014 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Moved to it's own thread.

South of England.

Default A start.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

You don't say where in Colorado you are headed, or how long you have for the trip in total and at what time of year you are travelling. In Utah there are some great National parks and ATV trails, Moab near to Arches and Canyonlands is one place you can do a little off road adventuring and rafting. Capitol Reef, Bryce canyon and Zion are all wonderful places that would then set you up nicely to visit the Grand canyon before turning for home. In Colorado you are spoilt for choice with Rocky mountain NP, Garden of the Gods, Black Canyon, Colorado NM, Mesa Verde and so much more. Some you might reach from your base (?) and others perhaps on the way into Utah depending on location.

To keep things comfortable and have time for a little sight seeing, you should think about making 3 overnight stops on the way out and again depending on where you are headed will determine the route and stops. If it's Denver area and you are following the 'quicker' route you could spend your second night in St Louis and visit the Arch etc.