Thread: VW camper trip

1. Default VW camper trip

looking for lots of helpful tips and advice for our first VW adventure this summer.
    The plan is to drive from Seattle down to Yosemite national park, with a continuation onto CA. We were thinking Carmel Area then head back home to Seattle.

Thoughts anyone?

South of England.

Default Time and interests are key.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

Sounds like fun ! Are you a VW camper owner or renting ? I know they are quite rare to find and expensive to hire in the USA.

I would be loking at heading south along the coast to put the Ocean on my side of the road, visiting places like the Redwood NP, Humboltd SP, Point Reyes, Muir woods and Napa valley before heading into SF over the Golden Gate bridge. [How cool is that in VW camper !] Then an inland route on the way home that could include Sequioa NP, Lake Tahoe, Lassen Volcanic park, Crater Lake and the Columbia river Gorge to name a few alongside Yosemite.

The biggest factor is going to be how much time you have and then you can prioritise based on your own 'must see's. I would search around the RTA site where you will find lots of info and study a good map. Once you have a few places worked out and a time scale we can help fill in the blanks.

Melbourne, Australia

Default A little further south.

Depending on the time you have available for this trip, I would definitely be looking at going as far south as Big Sur, the jewel in the crown that is the Pacific Coast.