Suggested changes to summer rv roadtrip August 2014
We are two families renting two individual RVs. We are flying in to LA and picking up RVs in Norco. Flights and RV already booked but need to confirm itinerary. My wife and I are in one with our two boys aged 6 and 8 and my sister and her husband in the other with their son, 10 and daughter 18. 14 day road trip starting and ending outside Los Angeles.
Below is our provisional itinerary.
Pick up RV in Norco and head south to Legoland
Legoland to Pismo
Pismo to Big Sur
Big Sur to San Fran or straight to Napa
Napa to south Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe to Yosemite
Yosemite to Sierra
Sierra to Sequoia
Sequioa back to Norco to drop off RVs.
My main points of contention are;
1. Are we trying to fit too much in?
2. We're too late to book NPS campgrounds in Yosemite so need some suggestions?
3. Best way to see Yosemite. Do we drive in with RVs and if so can we park them up for the day so as to explore?
4. How long in each place? More in Lake Tahoe and Yosemite/Sierra/Sequoia and less along coast?
5. I would like to not do Legoland and instead do Disneyland either at beginning or end? Doing Legoland means driving south then back north again afterwards.
Any thoughts would be helpful especially recommendations on where to stay during National Park leg of journey.