Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South of England.
    Posts
    10,747

    Default Nice trip.

    I too enjoyed the report, thanks for coming back and taking the time to share it with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the revised route to Mono Lake and Bishop.

    The only problem with volunteering yourself to a hypnotist is that you miss the show ! lol

    Dave.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Green County, Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,063

    Default

    Great Report.

    You really got a speeding ticket for doing 5 over? That's harsh. While it's not unheard of to be pulled over at those speeds, usually you'll be let off with a warning.

    Hopefully it wasn't too expensive.

  3. #13

    Default

    Thank you! Yes, the heavy- lifting driving was a new experience for me but I'm happy to say that an 8 hour day wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. Taking those breaks and drinking a lot of water definitely made a world of difference; you have to stretch those legs out!

    Hahaha yes, I'm glad I didn't volunteer the first time, I needed the laugh! I got incredibly unlucky with my ticket, apparently it used to be a 75 zone but it's now 70 (even the ticket said 'posted: 75' and he scribbled out the 5 and put a 0 and my cited was 75. I guess that policeman was having an uneventful day and needed to fill his quota =P. $75 which I paid yesterday so now I'll put it in the back of my mind and never think about it again... and maybe never drive the 93 north again hahaha

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South of England.
    Posts
    10,747

    Default Maybe when you have more time.

    and maybe never drive the 93 north again hahaha
    Or just maybe when you are not so rushed. ;-) You would have driven by some great spots, the Caliente rail depot with Boxcar museum, Cathedral Gorge State park, the old mining town of Pioche and with a little detour, Great Basin NP.

    I think that officer was having a bad day. Harsh !

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Central Orange County
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjis_monikuss View Post
    Hahaha yes, I'm glad I didn't volunteer the first time, I needed the laugh! I got incredibly unlucky with my ticket, apparently it used to be a 75 zone but it's now 70 (even the ticket said 'posted: 75' and he scribbled out the 5 and put a 0 and my cited was 75. I guess that policeman was having an uneventful day and needed to fill his quota =P. $75 which I paid yesterday so now I'll put it in the back of my mind and never think about it again... and maybe never drive the 93 north again hahaha
    Do you remember where on US93 you got the ticket?

    Did you stop by Pioche at all, or did you drive right through?

    One of these days I'd like to see the infamous Million Dollar Courthouse.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shirohniichan View Post
    Do you remember where on US93 you got the ticket?

    Did you stop by Pioche at all, or did you drive right through?

    One of these days I'd like to see the infamous Million Dollar Courthouse.

    The irony, I was ticketed just over an hour from being off the road for the day in Jackpot, NV. Didn't feel like a jackpot at the time haha. On the plus side he let me go, the other guy was told to get out of the car so I'm sure he got what was coming. The worst part was he had a young kid in the car driving like that! For the rest of the trip I didn't care how badly other people drove, I wasn't breaking my 4 mile rule for anyone.

    My drive home was more about getting home as directly yet safely as possible so I didn't really plan any stops except for Shoshone Falls, which was 10 minutes from my hotel in Twin Falls. I was planning on a stop in Lake Easton State Park but with the gong show that happened in Kennewick, I ended up scrapping it and focusing on getting home safely after 13 hr on the road. I knew there were a bunch of awesome places that I passed but it's definitely on my list for the next road trip. It was a gorgeous and diverse drive all the same. I believe my friend wants me to go to Denver, CO and we'll do some kind of road trip loop around CO, so that will be my next thread!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,936

    Default Meanwhile....

    Quote Originally Posted by benjis_monikuss View Post
    I believe my friend wants me to go to Denver, CO and we'll do some kind of road trip loop around CO, so that will be my next thread!
    There is an absolute ton on these forums about CO... a State where you could spend months, and not see it all. The reading will keep you occupied and interested until you are ready to start that plan.

    Lifey

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifemagician View Post
    There is an absolute ton on these forums about CO... a State where you could spend months, and not see it all. The reading will keep you occupied and interested until you are ready to start that plan.

    Lifey
    I've seen it quoted as one of the most beautiful states in the US! I've been there twice but never really gotten to explore much. The next time I go I will see as much as I can for sure!

Similar Threads

  1. Vancouver, BC - Las Vegas (West Coast down, ID back up)
    By benjis_monikuss in forum Planning Summer RoadTrips
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 12:13 PM
  2. Advice on roadtrip from Vancouver to Las Vegas and back
    By maxthemongrel in forum Planning Summer RoadTrips
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 05:42 PM
  3. Vancouver To Las Vegas (And Back)
    By BillyF in forum Fall & Winter RoadTrips
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 03:05 PM
  4. Bob's Motorcycle Trip Recap
    By Robert Schaller in forum RoadTrip Costs and Research
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 03:14 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2002, 03:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Find the Perfect Hotel
    Search RoadTrip Motels
    Enter city name

    Loading...



  • MORE STORIES