Hi there! Me and my friend are planning a road trip in America for next year. Were both from Ireland, are in the early planning stages and have never done this before, so any help with the following questions would be much appreciated!
1) Our main concern is how to get around. We would like to keep costs as low as possible, and renting a car for a long period is expensive. We would ideally find a used camper, and then resell on our return home. Can anyone offer any much needed advice on this? We are struggling to find any info related to insurance, specifically.
The RV is an attractive idea because it saves money on hostels, etc, aswell as allowing a great deal of freedom, but we are also open to any other ways of travelling the coast. Could anyone recommend any other means of travel - public transport, camping, etc?
2) Can anyone, who has taken a similiar trip, give an idea of daily costs? We would be living as cheap as humanly possible.
3) We are flying into Seattle, and plan to drive down to San Diego. Any must-not-miss things you could recommend?
4) For such a road trip, how long would you recommend staying in the U.S?
5) Could anyone give any insight into Wwoofing? Sounds like an interesting option.
Any help with any of these questions would be a massssive help. Thanks alot :)