1. Default Southwestern road trip, any thoughts?

I have a tentative family road trip in the making. We have our major stops planned but aren't sure about a 1 or 2 week time span. Also, the order is tentative. I was wondering if any of y'all veterans have and tips about cool places to see in these areas and maybe so additional landmarks to hit up if we are alotted more time. Anyhow, here we go.

Start from houston and do a straight shot to ABQ
    a day and a half in ABQ with old friends then onto

Pagosa Springs. Relax a day and drive to Durango that night.

Durango Silverton train ride. Will be an all day affair. Drive that night toward N. Rim grand canyon.

Grand canyon it up for a day or so. Then onto the legendary Antelope Canyon.

Bask in the glory of AC for a tour. Then to the coral pink sand dunes of Utah. Will be my first time going here

Coral pink it up for an afternoon of glorious photography. Then to Zion.

Kick it there for a day. Off to Bryce.

Kick it here for a day. Start making our way home?

So as you can see, it's a very vague outline but we hope to develop it soon. Shoot out any suggestions, especially if you know some kick ass little stops along the way.

South of England.

Default Time is key.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

That's a heck of a first day and way beyond what we would recommend as an enjoyable and safe day on the road and I would definitely recommend you rethink that and stop overnight and get an early start to finish off the journey to Albu. After all what is the point of arriving at an old friends house when they will want to catch up and eat and drink with you when you will be totally exhausted.

You have the ingredients of a nice trip, but whether you can add to what you have, or actually achieve it, will ultimately depend on the time you can make available, for example from Bryce to home is going to require 2 overnight stops to make it safe and enjoyable.

Other places you might find interesting would include Mesa Verde NP, Monument valley and with enough time you could drive from Durango to Moab [Arches NP] and then to Bryce canyon via UT scenic 12 and then Zion, Coral pink and GC to create more of a loop.

3. Default

Sweet. Also, about thr first day. The plan is to leave Fri night, stop somewhere. Finish up the drive Saturday, do a full ABQ day on Sunday and leave for Pagosa sun night and stop somewhere if we can't make it in a strsight shot. The way I worded it up there made it sound real uncomfortable. Also, we'll have plenty of drivers so we can switch off.

About the alternate route from Durango to Moab ect., will we still have time for A.C.? If so, Where do you think it should fall in terms of sequence?

Thank you for the reply!

South of England.

If you were going to the North rim AC would be after that on the way back as it's near Page AZ and if it were the south rim you were visiting it would be before the GC. Have you the time ? That depends on how much of it you can get to start with, but if you can get the 2 weeks I would grab it. There are many other options and I would recommend studying a good map of the area and doing a little research. Digging around here on RTA using search functions will give you endless amounts of info.

Melbourne, Australia

Default Accommodation within the National Parks.

When will you be taking this trip? With visiting so many NPs in such a short time, it would pay you to find accommodation within the National Parks. Not only will this add greatly to your experience, but it will also save a lot of time driving in and out of the parks. For those parks where you will be for a day or overnight, I would get onto the NP website right now, and book, or at least see if there are still vacancies. If there aren't it pays to check back often, to see if there have been any cancellations.