1. Default Road trip from atlanta, ga to new york.

I am planning a summer road trip from Atlanta to New York with a 4, 9 and 14 year old. In total I want we spend 9 days with stops in different states. What would be the best route for me to take?

Southern California

Welcome to RTA!

The "best route" to use would be the one that you'd probably like best. Other than the three children, we don't know much about what you'd like to see, nor do we know if this is a round trip or a one way. I'd offer the suggest to look around the website, the RTA Map Center, which would show a number of places you could stop and routes to use.

Among my thoughts are Great Smoky Mountains National Park, up the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Skyline Drive through Shenandoah National Park, Manassas Battlefield Park, and so much more. But it's YOUR trip. You might also check to see what ideas your kids might have.

Melbourne, Australia

Default Over to you.

Why not sit down with the children, especially the older ones, and some really good detailed maps of the States involved, such as printed by AAA. Check to see what attractions are along the way (they are printed on the map) and in the States you wish to touch. You will find natural attractions (National and State Parks and Forests), historical attractions and even the quirky tourist attraction marked on good paper maps. You can then research them, or get the 14 year old to do so, to see which suits your interests.

As you make a list of the attractions which most interest you and the children, a route will appear which is most likely to be the 'best' for you. Then it is a matter of fitting the attractions and route to the time frame for the trip. As questions arise, the experts here will be able to help you fine tune the route.

Enjoy the planning.