We have a trip planned for May 3-24th to visit capital reef, Bryce, Zion and Grand Canyon. We will be camping most of the nights on our trip and have 4 young kiddos. We are experienced campers and camp often with our family, but looking for some suggestions on logistics and tips on things to do. Our main goal is to have downtime with the family for three weeks, so we want to have enough days/nights at a location to not feel rushed.
A couple questions:
- how many nights would you recommend in each park? Was thinking we would spend the longest time in Grand Canyon and maybe 2-4 nights at the others. Any suggestions? Would you stretch out the nights at the parks differently or have other suggestions on places to go.
Here is what we were thinking, but would appreciate suggestions:
May 3 - travel
May 4 - stay in green river state park
May 5 - 8- capital reef
May 8 - 11- Bryce
May 11 - 14- Zion
May 14 - 21 - Grand Canyon
May 21 - travel to Albuquerque
May 21-23 - stay in a hotel in Albuquerque
May 23-24- travel home to Kansas City
- tips on good sites at all the parks for tent camping...that is a little more secluded, but not hiking in?
- what is the weather like this time of year? From our research it seems to be fairly nice.
- any good tips for fun things to do in the parks, short hikes with kids, etc?
- good hotel to stay at in Albuquerque with a pool?
Thanks in advance!