Default Sign of the Times

A few years ago, we provided considerable advertising support to a couple of Yahoo!'s programs. In particular, the "My Travel" and "Trip Planner" applications. RTA was well compensated during this period for this work. Yahoo spent a small fortune developing and producing these programs for their members.

News of the Day:
    Effective March 21st, 2014, Yahoo Travel services “Trip Planner” and “My Travel” will be permanently discontinued.
    More information here.

My Travel -- a service that allowed travelers to catalog the places they’ve been, and the places they wanted to visit.

Trip Planner -- a service that allowed travelers to upload Trip Plans they created based on travel info available on Yahoo Travel.

Default Sure is.

So what happens to all the data and images recorded there?

I am a great fan of Antique Roadshow, albeit, the British Antique Roadshow. Often there are folk who come along with diaries, photos and journals of days (decades/centuries) gone by. Some of these tell of heroic and unbelievable tales, be they about travel, conflicts, natural disasters and other great events. These, although not having monetary value, are usually deemed historically invaluable.

It is one of the reasons why so much of what I record and read (even on RTA) is backed up in hard copy. Recently another forum to which I belong changed to another platform. All images were lost, many of which I had only bookmarked for future reference.

Lifey

Default Probably more than I wanted to know

WRT to the data -- current Yahoo! members can print and then save any trip plans, all the photos uploaded there also were uploaded to the Flickr account and therefore backed up in the cloud.

It is one of the reasons why so much of what I record and read (even on RTA) is backed up in hard copy. -
    Removing content found on RTA and then saved on your personal machine could be a violation of copyright law and one that we would find a bit dubious...