Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Hi!
    We are going the opposite way this summer (Me, a norwegian father and my two kids).
    Please keep us informed of your plans so we can get some tips :)

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Tord View Post
    Please keep us informed of your plans so we can get some tips :)

Regards
    will do :).
    If you know anyone in your family or even friends working for a big hotel chain...ask them about 'family & friends rates'. I got a pretty good deal out of that for San Francisco as I have someone who works for Marriott.

Also if you already roughly know what dates you're gonna be where, it's good to get cracking on reserving accommodation at special locations such as Grand Canyon and Yosemite National Park.
    I unfortunately wasn't too aware on how far in advance you need to book these places...I figured 2 month ahead was enough time (also considering I didn't have a complete plan yet with all dates as it does depend how well we manage the driving and how we get through every stop we wanna make), so I now find myself with no accommodation at those places as everything is booked out or ridiculously overpriced.

Might sleep in the car for a night or so :p.

The above also applies to big cities...make sure there is no special event happeing or some holidays as rates will go up drastically.

We have the unfortune of being in Vegas around May 18/19 and hotel rates are more than double during these dates as there is big convention happening and some Canadian holiday long weekend :). Oh well.... :p. Should still be fun.

I also have signed up for Hertz's reward system as it gave me instant 10% discount on rentals and apparently as a member you don't pay any fee for addtional driver fee either, so that saved me quite a bit as I had to book 4 different rentals (due to trip layout).

I'll keep you and everyone posted on how the trip was going etc. I'm so excited...can't wait to get going.

Default We have a special forum, just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by biancahro View Post
    I'll keep you and everyone posted on how the trip was going etc. I'm so excited...can't wait to get going.
    We would all like to read how you get on during your trip. That is why there is a special forum for these reports. Of course, we love to see your pictures as well.

Have a great trip.

Lifey