1. Default Need travel help

I am traveling from Las Vegas to Yosemite then Anaheim in July. I only have three possibly four days to get to Anaheim. I would like to see Death Valley, Yosemite and Sequoia National Park then head to Anaheim California. What scenic routes do you suggest? any help is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Based on what you want to see and do, the routes are pretty straightforward and you don't really have much in the way of options.

You'll head from Vegas to Death Valley - and then spend the night somewhere on US-395 like Bishop, Lone Pine, Mammoth Lakes, etc. Day 2 would then take you to Yosemite, via Tioga Pass (CA-120). Day 3 would let you finish your tour of Yosemite and head to Sequoia, and then Day 4 would finish Sequoia and complete your trip back to Anaheim.

If you only have 3 days, then I'd skip Sequoia for this trip.

If you have to skip Sequoia, you can still see some huge trees in the Mariposa Grove in Yosemite.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
    Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Based on what you want to see and do, the routes are pretty straightforward and you don't really have much in the way of options.

You'll head from Vegas to Death Valley - and then spend the night somewhere on US-395 like Bishop, Lone Pine, Mammoth Lakes, etc. Day 2 would then take you to Yosemite, via Tioga Pass (CA-120). Day 3 would let you finish your tour of Yosemite and head to Sequoia, and then Day 4 would finish Sequoia and complete your trip back to Anaheim.

If you only have 3 days, then I'd skip Sequoia for this trip.
    thanks for the reply. Based on the route is there anything that I should definitely see along the way? do you have any recommendations?

Default The choice is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by paulnitro View Post
    Based on the route is there anything that I should definitely see along the way? do you have any recommendations?
    Roadtrips are such an individual thing. There really is no 'should definitely see' attraction. It all depends on what you think is a must see. If you go to the map wizard and the roadtrip attractions (on the green bar above) you will be able to check out any attractions which roadtrippers have found of interest. Other than that, good maps will give you the best information. Go to AAA, and get some good maps of Southern California.

Lifey

Default Some pointers.

The route proposed is a wonderful drive with lots of great scenery and viewpoints where you can make brief stops, but with the time you have available and to get the most out of the parks, they will need to be brief.

From Vegas take the 'Local's route' which is 160 to Pahrump and then north of town turn left onto Bell Vista Ave/Ash Meadows/State line road to CA127 and turn right and immediate left onto CA190 across Death Valley. This takes you past Zabriske point which is worth a stop and short walk to the viewpoint before continuing to Furnace Creek which has refreshments and an small museum etc. You could take a detour down to Badwater Basin which is the lowest point in the USA. As you head back to FC and 190 from Badwater basin you could take the scenic Artists Drive. Before Stovepipe Wells you can stop to take in the views of the Sand Dunes and then you will climb up over the Panamint mountains towards 395 and Bishop/Mammoth Lakes for the night.

Next day as you continue to Yosemite you will want to allow time to stop along the Tioga Pass (CA120] which is spectacular. As you turn onto 120 you will see a gas station on your left, [which has a great diner if you haven't already eaten] if you drive up the hill past the gas station you will come to a parking lot with good views of Mono Lake which will only take 10 mins of your time. Along the pass you will want to stop and admire the views and possibly have a walk, Tenaya Lake is a nice spot to breath the mountain air. That afternoon you should have time to explore some of Yosemite Valley before turning in for the night.

This morning you should take the drive up to Glacier point in Yosemite NP and take the short walk to the viewpoint, it's unbelievable !! You could then spend the rest of the day in Yosemite and visit the giant trees at Mariposa Grove, perhaps stay in Oakhurst and then make your way direct to Anaheim, or leave around lunchtime and head towards Sequoia NP. If you head to Sequoia, the walk in the Giants Forest is one of the highlights where you will come face to face with the largest living thing on the planet, the General Sherman tree.

Have fun !

7. Default

thanks for the great information. I appreciate your reply