1. Default 14 day trip to las vegas, yellowstone grand canyon and spots in-between

We are coming outwest for 14 days from august 3 to august 17th this summer already have Yellowstone reservations for 2 nights August 8th and 9th including the campfire with the horseback ride...looking for information for someone who has done this trip...we are going to drive from vegas to saltlake city then to Yellowstone, cody Wyoming, the arches national park etc...thanks for your ideas

South of England.

Default Nice !

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

Two nights is the bare minimum you should spend in Yellowstone, so I wouldn't plan on travelling to far on the day you arrive or leave, so that you can maximise your time there.

On the way north you could take US93 through the Great Basin where you will find the likes of Cathedral Gorge State park, Great Basin NP and then enter into Salt Lake City via a visit to the Salt Flats. You should plan on spending a little time in the Grand Tetons and to visit nearby Mormon Row either before or after Yellowstone. If you are then heading to Arches NP you could take 191 to Flaming Gorge Res and with a small detour you could visit Dinosaur NM. From Arches NP you could head down through Monument valley to the south rim of the Grand canyon and back to Vegas via the Hoover dam, or you could head towards Bryce canyon NP on UT24 and scenic 12 through Escalante and visit the North rim of the Grand canyon and back to Vegas via Zion NP.

There are also many other options so you will have to pick and choose with your time frame, so I would do a little research, study a good map and continue to ask questions as your plan unfolds.

Green County, Wisconsin

If I were you, I'd look at extending your stay in Yellowstone, or as Dave mentioned, try to arrive early on the first day, and stay as late as you can on the last. 2 days is pretty much the bare minimum amount of time you need just to see the highlights of Yellowstone, and that doesn't include time for the extra activities like horseback riding. If you only plan for 2 days, those activities would pretty much force you to miss significant sections of the park.

Based on your desire to visit Cody, I'd make sure to hit Grand Teton before Yellowstone, then hit Cody before heading back south to Arches.