1. Default 4th of July San Francisco

We are going to be in the San Francisco area on the Fourth of July and we were wondering where the best fireworks are and also we're wondering how busy the Bay Area gets during that time?

Default Local resources.

Hi, and Welcome to the Great American Roadtrip forum.

Have you thought of contacting the local Chamber of Commerce or the local Tourist Bureau? I'd imagine they would have that sort of information.

Lifey

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MsKWilburn View Post
    We are going to be in the San Francisco area on the Fourth of July and we were wondering where the best fireworks are and also we're wondering how busy the Bay Area gets during that time?
    I'm rarely in the city for the 4th, but when I am, I like to go to the Emeryville Marina, because from there you can see the fireworks shows in SF, Oakland, Marin, Richmond, and other cities ringing the bay. Sometimes you can see the SF fireworks better than the people who are gathered down on the Embarcadero, because one of the things that tends to happen is the smoke from the fireworks firing off gets blown back right on top of the fireworks show (because of the way the wind comes in off the Golden Gate). The fireworks just get obscured to the people on the Embarcadero, but because you're viewing them at a distance from Emeryville, you can actually see what's going off.

The waterfront in SF gets packed for the fireworks shows. Definitely, if you were to want to go down to the waterfront for the show, take public transit, because there won't be any parking.

The Emeryville Marina is usually busy, but not huge crowds. I like having a folding chair, but if you're travelling to SF from other places, you probably won't have access to that.

Default Great tips.

Hi jannypan, welcome to RTA !

Thanks for joining in and helping another member with your first post here, it's much appreciated !

Dave.