1. Default Vegas to Palm Springs to Santa Monica and back in 3 days?

I am flying into Vegas for a week (mid December) and plan on renting a car and hitting the road. I would like to leave early Sunday and drive to Palm Springs for the night, then head out to LA/Santa Monica Monday and return to Vegas Tuesday. Does this sound feasible to drive and have some sightseeing time?

South of England.

Default It'll work.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

It's certainly feasible and although you haven't got a lot of time to spare you can enjoy sight seeing from the car as well through the Mojave National preserve and possibly a detour through Joshua Tree NP on the way to Palm Springs. It would make a long drive back to Vegas but you could opt to drive through Death Valley on the way back which has a wonderful landscape. The one thing I would be asking myself [although I admit I'm not a fan of the city] is whether I would want to take on LA's traffic Monday and Tuesday for what would amount to a few hours there. I'd probably be looking at the weather forecast and thinking Grand canyon National park [not the west rim where tours from Vegas generally go] and Monument valley or Sedona area if it's ok.

Have a great trip !

3. Default

Thanks for info!

4. Default

Is there a way to get to Santa Monica that is less of a headache than driving straight through LA? Or perhaps a best time of day to drive through?

Joplin MO

No and no, unfortunately. Maybe around 2am. I-10 is pretty much the only way to get there from the east without taking city streets.