1. Default trip in and around nevada utah arizona

we are in the planning stage to our great adventure to hopefully the warmer climates of southern USA. we are leaving Canada on Nov 2 and planning to drive to vegas and stat our road trip there. Hopefully going to Zion and hoover dam . grand canyon and maybe some time in Arizona. we are seasoned riders and usually log 500 to 600 miles a day. i would love some ideas or tips for travelling here in early november. Weather looks good for now please any advice would be much appreciated Thanks Deb

South of England.

Default Details.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

There are many great places to explore in Utah, as well as Zion there is Bryce canyon Capitol Reef, Arches and Canyonlands NP's. Lake Powell, Monument Valley, Sedona are just a few of the places relatively close to the Grand canyon. In Nevada you have the Great Basin and the wonderful desert landscape of Death Valley in California is within easy reach.

I'm a little unclear as to what your plans entail as you say you are going to drive to Vegas. Your road trip would start when you leave home would it not ? How long are you planning on being in the south and does that mean your road trip will take you back to Canada or finish in Vegas? Out of curiosity, are you using a car or motor bike as transport, only you say "drive" in one statement and "Seasoned riders" in another.

Of course you are not guaranteed warm weather in the south, especially at elevation such as at the Grand canyon and Bryce canyon if you include it in your plans.

The weather is totally unpredictable and the only tip I can give there is to keep up with the latest forecasts and road condition reports as you go. If there is anything specific you would like to know then please ask. You will find a load of info searching the forums and road trip planning pages above.