1. Default Rocky Mountains in CO or North Cascades in WA

I'm planing a road trip. I'll be staying in a pick up camper and towing a atv. I'm considering WA or CO. I've never been to either. Colorado is being considered because of the high mountain passes and summits accessible by atv. Washington is for the green forests and glaciers. If anyone has knowledge and tips on either I'd be grateful.

South of England.

Default Heads or tails.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

I've only been to Colorado of the two places you mention and I wasn't dissapointed, but only you can really decide where to go at the end of the day. Both offer so much and one will keep for another day, that's for sure, like WA is still on my list. I guess you need to weigh up the pros and cons like, where are you starting from and how long have you got ? The journey to either destination and what options there are to explore along the way, could be a key factor in your decision. With the ATV you could possibly venture into Utah from Colorado where you have trails around Moab, with Arches and Canyonlands NP's nearby.

Have a search around the forums and road trip planning pages where you will find route and attraction info to help you decide. When you have done so perhaps we can help you piece together your trip plans.

3. Default

I'll be leaving from Detroit with 20 days to travel.

The drive from Detroit to Washington across Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana and Idaho is a great drive. I particularly am fascinated by the wide open spaces of Montana. The drive across Washington is also interesting due to the dramatic change in scenery once you cross the mountains. Before crossing the mountains, eastern Washington is extremely dry and brown. Once you cross the mountains, it becomes green and moist. Here are just a few things to see along the way: Maskoshika State Park, Medora, North Dakota and Theodore Roosevelt National Park.

With twenty days, you could probably do Detroit to Washington and then go back through Colorado.

Southwest Dave's suggestion of dropping down in to Utah is a good one. There is no place in the U. S. that you can see so much in a comparatively small area. Here are some of the things to see in addition to the National Parks: Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, Moki Dugway, Goosenecks State Park, Dead Horse State Park and Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park.