1. Default Los Angeles, CA to Petoskey, MI in Feb

Hi everyone!

Im planning a winter road trip from LA to Petoskey, MI. in February. Im not really worried about the conditions or weather, I have plenty of winter driving experience in AK and Canada. And know all about keeping an eye on the storm reports.

Im more looking for interesting, beautiful, weird, fun places to see along the way that will be (a) open/accessible and (b) something that would be cool to see in the winter, ie im planning on a trip on Highway 2 in Glacier National Park (conditions permitting obviously).

Tucson, AZ

Default That's Already Weird!

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Any trip that gets from Petoskey to Los Angeles via Glacier National Park is already weird in my book. That's not exactly on the way. In fact it turns a 2400 mile trip into one that's 3000 miles (and longer than that I suspect.) Since I clearly don't know where such a weirdly wonderful RoadTrip will be wandering off to, the best resource that I can exercise are these lists of 26 or so attractions in each state, covering the obvious to the profoundly off-beat.

Melbourne, Australia

Default Worth a try.

On your way to hwy 2 around Glacier NP, may I suggest that you stop at Hungry Horse Ranger Station. When I was there the ranger was most helpful in directing me to out of the way places and the unusual. It was a hoot following his directions. However, that was in 2007 so today it may not be the same person.

But maybe it will be.