Like so many I am planning a road trip starting from Miami. I do not have experience with road trips so please be patient with me. Just for your information I am planning a mini roadtrip, to get some experience with it before I will be going for a longer road trip next year. What is the basic information:
1. I will have 7 days to drive from Miami a road trip and back again
2. I love to see nature, hills etc. But also like active things like Jetski etc. I am not really into theme parks, unless they are very special.
3. I will be leaving from Miami (airport of course)
4. Everything will be in the month November
5. Miami does not have my real interest anymore because I have been there a couple of times already. So going to Miami beach would be boring. Also since I am from an island with nice beaches I don't think visiting a beach would be anything special for me unless its like a waterfall or spring you can swim in. I would like something different. I rather mingle with the local people.
6. Car rental already arranged.
7. I do not mind driving a long time, but would love some stops and breaks in between the road trip which I think that is what a road trip is all about. Not driving from A to B en from B to C and back again. Then I should take a plane or train.
I was thinking about driving to the Big Bend, but not sure about anything yet and hoping some of you could provide me with some tips and information. What would be great stops. Shortly said I am having trouble pinpointing where to go to. I have used serveral online webpages for road trips but sometimes there is too much information and sometimes to little