1. Default First USA road trip...Washington to New England

Hi All, I am starting to plan our first ever trip to the USA. Plan is 5 days doing Disney then fly to Washington and tour North up into New England, next summer. I need your experience and helpful advice !! Is it practical ? Whole trip approx 3 weeks. 2 adults , 1 fifteen yr old.I realise that I have not given much info..but I am more than happy to be lead by you veterans !!! Many thanks in advance. xxx

Southern California

Welcome to RTA!

Please clarify: which Disney (WDW in Florida, or Disneyland/California Adventure in Anaheim, CA), and which Washington (DC or state of). It will help us.

3. Default Military Discounts

Hi All, I am planning a road trip next year with my hubby and daughter. Just a quick question. My husband is UK Military. Would we be able to claim any discounts anywhere using his Army ID card ? Sounds a bit cheeky, but every penny counts !! Thanks

Moderator Note: Please keep all questions about your trip in the same thread.
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 08-30-2013 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Merged

Green County, Wisconsin

Default pays to ask

I think you'll find it is done on a case by case basis. Some places that offer a military discount will likely limit it only to US servicemen and women, but I'd be there are some who will extend the courtesy to someone who serves in Her Majesty's Armed Forces.

I think the only way you'll find out is to ask each time. The worst they can say is no.

Southern California

Military wife here -- at Shades of Green in WDW Florida, in the ticket office line, they sold military tickets to Universal Studios Florida to someone who produced a military ID from an allied country. I don't know if that was a courtesy, or done a lot, but it sure never hurts to ask (as Michael said, above).

Often times, the military rate is so much less that it's worth asking!