Default Married and Planning road trip with pet

Hi im trying to plan out a month long road trip going to South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennesse, and Georgia. Im starting from Hollywood, fl then first stop is South Carolina to hunt then to North Carolina to Tennesse and last to , Georgia then back home to Hollywood, fl. Any suggestions on anything: fishing, shopping, sightseeing, activities (free or paid) we need camping along the way and we have our female all white pit. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Welcome!

One thing stands out as I read your post - you have a pit bull. You are going to have a difficult time finding campgrounds that allow pits these days. You will have to do a lot of research prior to leaving. Is this discriminatory? Yep. Can you do anything about it? Nope. I would not try to "sneak" her in, that could cause problems. You should have better luck at government-run campgrounds such as in state or county parks than you will in private campgrounds that can set their own rules the way they feel like.

Thanks, yea i have been seeing alot of the dog retrictions. It isn't fair but what can we do. So i have taking into consideration that we will probably have difficulty with her so we dont mind the camps we just need a place to pitch a tent.
    Are there any other suggestion: attractions, restaurants, shopping, hiking or anything will help!! We have a month and three grand!!

Default The Dog Aside

And not knowing specifically how you plan to proceed on your multi-state tour, I'll offer a few suggestions for sites that you should consider working into your RoadTrip: St. Augustine FL, Okefenokee Swamp in southern GA, Cumberland Island National SEashore, Charleston SC including one of the plantations along Ashley River Road, Congaree Swamp National Park, Asheville NC and the Biltmore Estate, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain GA, FDR's Little White House in Warm Springs, Andersonville National Historic Site, and Cedar Key FL.

Have you considered putting the dog in a kennel during your journey?

AZBuck

Yes we have considered a kennel and also leaving her with family but we also kinda wanted to take her along with us. She loves to ride in the truck! 2010 Chevy tahoe LTZ, good on gas i think! We traveled to Michigan...Detroit, and we used two and a half tanks it takes about $80 -$90.