1. Default Suggestions along the way, please

Hello. I'm looking for suggestions on what else I might see on the way (or not too far off) as I do this road trip:

San Francisco

Yosemite

Yellowstone

Mount Rushmore

Badlands Natl Park

De Smet, South Dakota -- Laura Ingalls Wilder Memorial

Walnut Grove, Minnesota -- Laura Ingalls Museum

Madison, Wisconsin

Indianapolis

Cincinnati

Lincoln birthplace, Hodgenville,‎ Kentucky

Mammoth Caves Natl Park, Kentucky

Atlanta

(Not stopping in Chicago because I've already been.)

Default More information please

Hi, and Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum.

That is quite some trip you are planning there, and I am sure the members here can help a great deal with adding attractions along the way. However, we have no idea how much time you have for this trip, how many are going, and their age groups (seniors? family? children?).

Lifey

Near the junction of I-39 and I-80, in Illinois, is Starved Rock State Park. Really pretty area! Then, just south of I-74 in western Indiana are both Turkey Run and Shades state parks. I've been to both, and they're also very pretty!

Watch the area around Scottsburg and Henryville on I-65 in southern Indiana. They had a bad tornado there a year or so ago.

In Kentucky, about 35 miles from Elizabethtown in Bardstown, is My Old Kentucky Home State Park.

Hope this helps, but as Lifey says, it would help to know the ages and the number of people in your group.

Donna

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lifemagician View Post

That is quite some trip you are planning there, and I am sure the members here can help a great deal with adding attractions along the way. However, we have no idea how much time you have for this trip, how many are going, and their age groups (seniors? family? children?).

Lifey
    Two weeks. Three able-bodied adults.

The stops I've mentioned are adjustable -- that's the beauty of road tripping -- if something better is worth seeing, then I'm flexible.

I've road tripped cross-country east-west/west-east and north-south/south-north previously, on different routes. I know what's involved in driving and living on the road for weeks at a time. All I'm looking for at this point are suggestions on sights that I don't know about along or near the route I've tentatively planned. Thanks.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lifemagician View Post

Lifey

By the way, I don't plan to spend any time seeing San Francisco or Atlanta, cities with which I'm very familiar. They're simply the start and end point of the trip.