1. Default Need Advice - road trip from Tampa, FL to Niagara to New york City to DC and Back FL

I was thinking making this Road Trip. Starting from Tampa, FL to Niagara Falls, NY and then to New York City, NY, then to Washington DC then to Philadelphia and then back to Tampa FL.

I have around 1.5 weeks time for this trip. Can some one please suggest if this is worth driving or its better to take flight?

What are the places I can visit along the way and where should I take breaks(over night stay)? Best hotels to stay along the road?

If it is better, we can change our route as well.

Can some one please guide or suggests for my planning? Any ind of advice is appreciated. Let me know if you need more information.

Thank You,

Tucson, AZ

Default Half 'n Half

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Whether it's worth driving rather than flying depends really on your own tastes: How much time are you willing to spend in the car and how much do you enjoy that? How much is this trip about the sights at your destination and how much is it about the sights along the way? How Much would gas ad wear/tear on the car cost as opposed to plane tickets?

For a drive, you're looking at 2½-3 days each way leaving you 4-5 days in the Niagara-New York-Washington area. You can easily take different routes up and back for some variety. As for places to stay, that is another matter of personal taste. Many RoadTrippers prefer to camp, some use cheap motels when all they want is a bed, while still others prefer something a bit more upscale. If you are going to be staying in hotels/motels a lot on this trip and you know of a chain that generally meets your needs, it might be worth looking into joining their rewards program and earn yourself a free night's stay or two while you're at it.