Default Road Trip to Vancouver, BC, Canada from Los Angeles

Hi All!

I am really excited to plan a trip to Vancouver, BC from Los Angeles. I was hoping to get some ideas about any routes, sites to see, good places to eat, places drink wine, etc. along the way in NorCal, Oregon and Washington. I am totally open and just want to make it a nice memorable trip. I will be going solo and was thinking of taking 2 weeks. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Tucson, AZ

Default By Land and By Sea

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

There is certainly no shortage of great sights to see in that neck of the woods. In fact, the first thing I would do is to plan on taking a different route up and back to maximize the number of places you can visit. Basically along the coast one way and along the interior slopes of the Cascades and Coastal Ranges the other. It needn't be all coast one way and all mountains the other. You can arrange something like a very narrow figure "8" trip. But for convenience, I'll list coastal sites northbound from Los Angeles and interior sites southbound from Vancouver. So:

Coastal: San Juan Capastrano Mission, Hearst Castle, Julia Pfeiffer Burns Sate Park, Big Sur, Monterey, San Francisco, Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Point Reyes National Seashore, Redwood National Park, Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, Fort Clatsop National Memorial, Olympic National Park, Stanley Park.

Interior: Mt. Rainier National Park, Mt. St. Helens National Volcanic Monument, Historic Columbia River Highway, Mt. Hood, Crater Lake National Park, Whiskeytown-Shasta-Trinity National Recreation Area, Lassen Volcanic National Park, Napa Valley, Pinnacles National Monument, Carrizo Plain National Monument.

I've got a couple of recommendations for places to eat that I really enjoyed. Both are in Oregon. On the coast - Pacific Way Bakery and Cafe in Gearhart, and a bit inland along the Columbia River Highway - The View Point Inn in Corbett.