I am very new to this forum as well as a road trip. This is gonna be the first real road trip in my life!!! :) So, I would really need lots of help from you guys. We (my husband and I) plan to do the road trip from Chicago to Boston via Niagara. These are our ideas, limitations and questions...
1. I am the only one who drives cuz my husband cannot -*- So, maximum 8 hours driving per day is a kinda my limit.
2. We will rent a car, so we cannot do a really long trip. If you have any suggestions of how many days we should spend, pls advise. Otherwise, I am thinking of maximum 3 nights on the way (2 nights is better in my opinion right now).
3. The earliest we can leave Chicago is around 14.30 on Friday since my husband is gonna finish his conference then.
4. Should we cross over to Canada (at Detroit or Sarnia?) or stick to the US side (on I90)? I've heard that the scenary on the Canada side is better as well as the Niagara itself. Also, I90 is quite boring and stressful to drive among those big trucks. I really need your ideas on that!!! (We need to apply for the Canada visa in case of crossing over since we are Thai.) I am thinking of 1 night on the way + maybe 1 night around Niagara. Any suggestions on where to stop (hotel names are welcome) on the way?
5. My rough plan as of now from Buffalo to Boston is that I would spend 1 night on the way (which I still don't know where. Any suggestions?). It seems like I need to stick on I90 until Albany, then I plan to take MA-2 from Albany to follow the Mohawk trail to Boston.
Lastly, any nice places to visit are absolutely welcome. We are very opened to any ideas as of now. Please help me plan my first road trip in the US!!!