Default RTA Travel/Reservation Page Updated!

We just updated the RTA Travel Reservation pages. Check out the various filters -- easy to search for hotels with the amenities you might want. Plus, the number of motels/hotels in every search area with the various options -- deals, free internet access, etc... are displayed in the left hand column.

For instance, load Las Vegas, NV (no dates needed) and look at all of the information on the left-hand side of the page. Play around with it. It's sort of impressive.

There's a map function and a lot more detail than we used to offer.

We also improved the rental car options -- I'd be interested in your feedback (...and your business, of course).

See what you think!

Mark

Default It's a thumbs up from me !

That's good Mark. Easy to follow with good leads to help find what you are looking for, with the minimum of fuss.

[Can't wait to be in the position to actually get on and get booking !]

Dave.

Default What about Amtrak stations?

Yeah, lots of options. I wish however, they had an option for distance from railway station.... at least from Amtrak. They have it for airports. They're not the only ones who lack this. Seems there is generally a negative towards train travel by the rest of the tourism industry.

Took the opportunity to book what I think is the closest (2 miles) affordable place - the only booking for my trip which was not yet in place. With a 24 hour no fee cancellation policy, guess I can't go wrong. Lots of criticism of the place, none of which really worries me. I'll be there for less than nine hours. Couldn't bear the thought of arriving well after dark, and then having to find somewhere to stay.

If they'd let me I would curl up and spend the night in the station. The thought of sleeping in and missing the California Zephyr next morning is more than I can bear to think about.

Lifey

Default Good on you.

If they'd let me I would curl up and spend the night in the station.
    You might even wake to find a hat full of coins ! lol

The thought of sleeping in and missing the California Zephyr next morning is more than I can bear to think about.
    You'd better request an early morning wake up call, and/or put an alarm clock in a biscuit tin. ;-)

Dave.

Default Still an option.

Dave, I know you like to take it lightheartedly, but one reason why I rarely book anything is this stress of sleeping in and missing connections or just not getting there. It's already stressing me now, and it is still some 10 weeks away. Am still inclined to stay the night in the station if I find that it is possible. I will have my pillow and blanket which I always carry on the plane, and there will be a toilet there.

Coming off a long haul flight, and going straight onto the train to Emeryville, I will probably spend most of that journey sleeping. So maybe I will not be all that sleepy. I will have my book, and the opportunity to sleep again on the Califoria Zephyr if necessary.

I have a history of sleeping through the loudest alarm clocks and telephones.

Lifey