1. Default honeymoon roadtrip

my fiancÚ and I are getting married in October and we are thinking about taking a roadtrip as our honeymoon. There are a ton of places we would like to go ( Charleston, SC New Orleans, Nashville, Philadelphia, Boston, and Niagara Falls) Obviously we may not be able to hit all of these spots as we only have two weeks. (We live in NY ) What do you guys suggest we do??

Tucson, AZ

Default A Honeymoon is to Relax

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Or at least it is for most people. I'm sure that there are some for whom a whirlwind tour and constantly being on the go would be a romantic way to spend a couple of weeks, but most new couples are just looking for some quiet time to spend with each other. A trip where you have to drive several hundred miles each and every day of your 'honeymoon' would hardly qualify as one - again for most people. With that in mind, I'd suggest that you look for a trip that goes to maybe two or three different places and settle down in a 'vacation rental' or similar setting in each of those spots. Pick spots where there are several things to do within an hour or so of your home bases. I'd suggest maybe (1) northern Virginia and/or southern Maryland (Washington, Mount Vernon, Chesapeake Bay, Annapolis, and Antietem); (2) northern New England (White and Green Mountains, fall foliage, and covered bridges); and (3) connecting those two extended stay areas with a RoadTrip that included a drive up the Susquehanna River, through the Finger Lakes, to Niagara Falls, along Lake Erie, and through the Adirondacks.