1. Default NY - CA road trip - confused

I have my old Acura TL with 141,000 miles on it. Need to move to CA for my new job, must reach before CA before April-1st. But there is no relocation expenses provided.

Confused of what to do. I am a single driver. (1) If I drive, what is the fun? (2) What are the tourist/sight seeing places I can visit?

My car really behaves badly in snow. (3) Will there be snow on the way now? Is 141 K mile done car is ok? ( Mechanics did not complain anything on last oil change).

I must start in couple of days, if I need to make this trip. Is there anyway to get companion?

thanks
    Jay

Default Drivings fun !

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

You can usually cross the country with 6 days of driving at a reasonable pace that is both safe to do and fairly comfortable. With an extra couple of days or so you will have time to do a little sight seeing.

(1) If I drive, what is the fun?
    Hmmm ? For a lot of us here, including myself, the driving is the fun ! Finding unique places along the way, meeting the Locals and taking an interest in your surroundings all adds to the experience. An old saying here is that there are no boring roads or places, Boring is a state of mind. ;-)

(2) What are the tourist/sight seeing places I can visit?
    You can choose from thousands of interesting places, but it will come down to which route you choose [you don't say where in California either] and what your interests are.

(3) Will there be snow on the way now? Is 141 K mile done car is ok?
    You should check on road and weather conditions as you travel, the weather will do as it pleases. Interstates are a priority to keep clear and open and if conditions get bad enough to cause concern you should pull off the road and wait for the storm to pass and the road crews to do their job of clearing it. If your car has been regularly serviced and generally in good health the mileage it has done should not be an issue. That's not to say you shouldn't be prepared and have funds available in case of a mechanical failure or consider joining a motoring organisation like AAA. Make sure your spare tyre is in good shape and at the right pressure and that you have the tools to change a wheel in the event of a blow out. Check your fluid levels and make sure they remain topped up, as well as oil and coolant make sure you have screen wash and your wiper blades are in good condition.

Is there anyway to get companion?
    It's short notice but you could start a thread in the 'Share the gas' forum, you never know !

3. Default Thank you...

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !
    -- Thank you..

Boring is a state of mind. ;-)/
    -- True

You can choose from thousands of interesting places, but it will come down to which route you choose [you don't say where in California either] and what your interests are
    . --
    -- I am going to SUNNYVALE.. Nature, waters , photography are my interests.

It's short notice but you could start a thread in the 'Share the gas' forum, you never know
    I am a member of AAA and have good experience with them. I have no problems with funding too. But where is 'share the gas' forum? I am unable to find it.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Southwest Dave; 03-21-2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tags

Default A link.

It's on the main forums page, but you can just click here and start a thread.

You will find Lots of ideas searching around the forums and planning pages. In the green tool bar above you will find the RTA maps where you can create routes and find attractions chosen by RTA contributors from personal experience. Once you have a couple of dots on the map we can help to fill in the blanks and make suggestions along your chosen route.