1. Default Seattle to San Fran...

Hello,
    I'm planning on spending some time in Seattle during the month of July, and would like to drive down to San Fransico to meet up with friends and attend a concert on July 26th. I have friends and family in Seattle so am familiar with that area. However, I was thinking of maybe taking a week or so to drive to San Fransisco....maybe do a little of the oregon coast, and definitely hit up some of the wine country. Just wondering about possible day trips, sights to see and good places to overnight along the way. In no hurry, the plan is to relax and take in the scenary. I've only been to San Fransisco once and plan to spend a couple days exploring before I head back up to Seattle. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated! thanks!

Welcome!

I'd suggest you take the coast roads from Seattle to SF, then see the inland attractions on the return trip. This way, the scenic turnouts will be on your side of the road going down the coast. Around the end of July, all the high elevation parks such as Lassen and Crater Lake should be fully open. You may want to adjust your schedule to allow as much time to return as you take going down.