1. Default Seattle/Billings/14 Days

My wife and I are travelling from the UK to Vancouver and having 2 weeks in Alaska finishing up in Seattle on June 14. We plan to take another 12 days and drive as far as Billings where we have a friend who we will stay with for probably only one night.

I want to plan a road tip that would give us a smuch chance to see the varied scenery of the area as possible. If any one has spent time in this area and could offer thoughts on what sights to try and include I would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance.................Ian Wallace

Tucson, AZ

Default Places to Consider Including

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

A fortnight is far more time than needed to cover the distance from Seattle to Billings, of course, so you'll have the opportunity to wander well off the direct route and tarry a bit at sites along your chosen path. Some places you should consider including in your itinerary include: Olympic National Park, Mount Ranier National Park, Mt. St. Helens National Volcanic Monument, Lewis and Clark National Historical Park, the various gardens of Portland OR, the Historic Columbia River Highway, Coeur d'Alene ID and the surrounding scenic byways, Glacier National Park, and - of course - Yellowstone National Park.