1. Default road trip from san fran to las vegas

Myself and my partner are planning a road trip from san fran to las vegas in sept. We are flying in to san fran and out of las vegas. I am trying hard to come up with a plan of travel. We are spending 2 days in san fran then picking car up and 2 days in vegas at end. We would like to see hearst castle, yosemite, kings canyon, sequoia, death valley, grand canyon, bryce canyon and hoover dam. We are going for 17 days. Any ideas of a route and is this possible in the time. Another thing i am not sure of is how long to drive for each day, i appreciate each day will be different but i dont want to miss things out. Quality is better than quantity. Any help would be much appreciated.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default popular

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

The trip you've outlined really is one of the most popular discussions on this forum.

While this general trip plan works really well as a loop, if you have to start in SF and end in Vegas, it still should be pretty easy to make everything work. From SF, I'd head down the coast through Big Sur and the Hearst Castle. Then, head across the central valley to Sequoia/Kings Canyon, then continue north to Yosemite, exiting across Tioga Pass to Death Valley. From there, your direct route is going to take you right into Vegas, where you can do a loop across the Hoover Dam, to the Grand Canyon, up to Bryce, and then back through Zion on your way back to Vegas to finish your trip.

As mentioned, there are a lot of threads on this topic, so I'd really spend some time looking at what others have done. Here are some of our favorites on the subject.

3. Default

Thank you for your advice, will spend a bit of time going through some of the posts.