1. Default Traveling from Minneapolis to Florida

Looking to either drive your car to any location in Florida or share gas and ride in your car to Florida in February or early March. It would be myself and my 2 daughters to visit my mother who lives in Miami, but can't afford the air fares. Also would be looking for the same from Miami to Minneapolis sometime in March.

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

We wish you luck finding a ride south - although I would never recommend driving a strangers car for something like this, without going through a reliable, and insured, driveaway company. There would just be too many potential dangers, for both you and the owner.

Coming back, you should look into car rental costs. Companies frequently offer discounted rates, with no one-way drop fees, cars that are heading out of Florida in the spring. You'll have to look into it closely, as often it is only from certain locations at certain times, and the deals might not be available until closer to April.

Melbourne, Australia

Default You could luck out.

You might like to contact the Auto Driveaway Co in Minneapolis. I know that twice when I needed to go south, I was able to secure a car there, though it is some years ago. They could also contact one of their two offices in FL (Orlando or Ft Lauderdale) and see if there is a chance for a relocation north.

You never know your luck.

Picking up on Michael's suggestion, a while ago there was a member who posted on a forum that by contacting your destination car rental companies, and asking if they have any vehicles located in MN which need to be returned to FL, you could get a very good rate. You could try that both ways.