1. Default San Francisco - Las Vegas - Los Angeles

Hi everyone, Im from Buenos Aires, Argentina, I ll be travelling with 3 friends to SF on march 1st and then leaving from LA on march 17.

We want to visit as many places as we can, so reading on forums I found a lot of road trips from SF to LA visiting Yosemite, Death Valley, las Vegas, Grand canyon, Joshua tree and then finishing in LA.

But we really wanted to visit some of the coast too, like Big Sur, Santa cruz, monterey, etc.

Does anyone know a cool road trip which includes everything?

Maybe we can go from SF do the coast, until Santa Barbara, then to Vegas, etc..until LA. or is it too much? I dont know how the weather is in march to visit death vallet, yosemite...

any help would be great!

thanks

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

You would actually be better off doing a loop, finishing in San Francisco, rather than doing a one way trip to LA.

The order would then be SF - Big Sur/Coast - LA - Joshua Tree - Grand Canyon - Las Vegas - Death Valley - Yosemite - SF. The only big issue you have to keep in mind is that Tioga Pass will still be closed in March, so you will have to go around via Bakersfield to get from Death Valley to Yosemite.

This is a very popular trip outline, and here are some of our favorites on the topic.

3. Default

i already have my ticket back home from LA...thats the problem..

Default This Might Work Then

If you have to start in San Francisco, finish in Los Angeles, and want to include all the places you've listed, the following general itinerary might work for you. From San Francisco head directly for Yosemite and enjoy as much of it as you can. Parts of it will still be snow-bound in the early spring and Tioga Pass will be closed. But there will be plenty to see and the fact that you can't cross the Sierra Nevada to Death Valley can work in your favor. Instead head back west from Yosemite on CA-140/CA-59/CA-152/CA-156 through Merced and Los Banos to Monterey at the northern end of the Big Sur coast. Follow the Pacific Coast Highway (CA-1) south to Cambria and then head inland on CA-46 to either I-5 or CA-99 south to CA-58 east to Barstow and I-15 to Las Vegas. From there it is relatively easy to include Death Valley and the Grand Canyon into your trip before and during, respectively, your return to Los Angeles.

AZBuck

5. Default

Thanks Azbuck, thats sounds really good, I will look for distances, where do you think we should stop to sleep?

CA-58 east to Barstow and I-15 to Las Vegas. From there it is relatively easy to include Death Valley and the Grand Canyon into your trip before and during, respectively, your return to Los Angeles.
    More efficient - out of Bakersfield, take CA-178 or CA-58/CA-14/US-395/CA-190 into Death Valley, then the "locals route" into Las Vegas, then the Grand Canyon, then Joshua Tree on the way back to LA.