Default Texas with a touch of New Mexico

Hello all,

I am flying out to Houston on 19th June for 14 nights. I am staying for 1 night in Houston, 1 night in Corpus Christi, 2 nights in San Antonio, 1 night is Fort Stockton, 1 night in El Paso, 2 nights in Albuquerque, 1 night in Amarillo, 2 nights in Dallas, 2 nights in Austin and then 1 more night in Houston before flying back into London.

I do have all my accommodation booked and my car hire (it's my first road trip so I thought it'd be best to book everything first so I can get a feel for it). I also have quite a few ideas of what I will be doing most days too. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on any MUST DO'S either in the cities or along the way. It will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by ellis; 01-10-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Thoughts

The Congress Avenue Bridge bat flights in Austin, each day around sunset, are something I've always wanted to see. The city is also known for its vibrant music scene, so if you want to catch a live show you'd probably find something for any taste there. Outside of Amarillo, on what used to be US-66 but is now a frontage road to I-40, you'll find the Cadillac Ranch. It's worthy of a stop for some photographs since you'll be in the area.