I am a newbie to this site and have spent a lot of time getting lots of tips from all of the other threads! My husband and I are planning 23 days in the USA in March 2013 and I have thought about a preliminary itinerary and would welcome your thoughts?
1) - London to NY - arriving lunch time - potter about NY
4) SF- NY flight arriving evening
7) SF-LA drive begins departing afternoon
12) LA drive to Sequoia park - grand sherman (i know this is far is it worth it?) - Las Vegas (is this doable?)
16) LV- Grand Canyon drive via hoover dam
17) In the GC area either stay here this night or set off to Phoenix tonight
18) Phoenix - Austin flight departs 10:30am
19-23) in Austin for a wedding.
I know the post has probably been done lots of time but just wanted some realistic comments on whether my trip is doable? Would appreciate any advice given as we are booking hopefully tonight ! THANKS