1. Default Road trip from San Francisco to Las Vegas to Los Angeles

We are a family of six from Argentina. We will be arriving in San Francisco on February 11 and leaving from Los Angeles on Feb 22. Which would be the best route to visit these two cities plus Las Vegas and The Grand Canyon? Is it possible to visit also the Sequoia National Park?

Tucson, AZ

Default That Should Work Just Fine

Bienvenido al bordo RoadTrip América foros! Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Eleven days is plenty of time to see all the places you've listed, and as long as you take fairly direct routes between intermediat3e points you should be able to have a pretty relaxed trip. Sequoia will be open, but some of the roads may still be snow-clogged that early in the year, so you should check the park's website or call the visitors center directly to check conditions just before heading out from San Francisco. Just head inland from the Bay area on I-580/I-205/I-5/CA-120 to CA-99 south through the Central Valley. Use CA-a98 in to/ out of Sequoia before continuing south on CA-99 to CA-58 east out of Bakersfield. At Barstow, pick up I-15 up to Las Vegas. You'll make the best use of your time by seeing the Grand Canyon "on your way to" Los Angeles rather than trying to do a day trip out of Las Vegas. From the Canyon to Los Angeles you'll have a choice between the shorter route which just takes you west on I-40 back to Barstow and then I-15 down into L.A. or, for about a hundred miles more, you can first ahead south on I-17, visit Phoenix, and then tale I-10 to L.A.

3. Default LA to Grand Canyon

Thanks for the input. Another question. We are going to head to the Grand Canyon from Los Angeles and it's a nine-hour trip!! We would like to make at least two stops to have something to eat and see around a little. What would you recommend? Thanks again, Gaby

South of England.

Default May I ask why ?

If you are to finish your trip in LA it does not make much sense to go there before visiting the Grand canyon and then back again, so is there a reason for doing so ? The logical order of visits would be SF to LV to Grand canyon to LA. From SF you could head to Yosemite, and/ or as you mentioned previously, Sequoia NP. Another option would be to take the scenic coast highway around Big Sur to Cambria and then head inland. You could also detour across Death Valley on the way to Vegas depending on how much time you spend in any one place.

Either way, between LA and GC you could stop in any of the route 66 towns of Kingman, Seligman [slight detour from I40] or Williams. If you allowed for an overnight stop you could visit from a choice of Palm Springs, Joshua Tree NP, Mojave National preserve, Lake Havasu City, plus others.