1. Default vegas to toronto

Hi guys n gals

we're aiming to spend 3 days in vegas in mid june [16th] after a flight from the UK, before hiring a car and wanting to take in the sights and sounds of the USA before getting to toronto by the 9th july.

my wife has a denver penfriend with whom she has been in touch with for over 30 years, but has never met her and would like to include that aspect into the tour. I like my history and would love to visit some of the spectacular sights [including the canyon], along the way

we are quite happy to stop off and take a flight /train to toronto on the 9th itself, if we run out of time.

So the questions i have are ..

1. what sights and places do you recommend along the route,
    2. what motels/hotels do u recommend as stop overs
    3. time is not an issue, as we can always resume the tour, next year.

many thanks indeed for your expertise and if u r coming to the UK, i'm more than happy to offer advice.

South of England.

Default So much to choose from !

Hello and welcome to the RTA forum !

The problem here is that you have just too many options available to you on a trip of this size, but what a lovely problem to have !

You ask what sights and places to recommend along the route, but to be honest we first need to know what route. You could take 101 different options between Vegas and Denver alone. You could fill your time quite easliy between Vegas and Denver and then fly to Toronto from there. Note that you will not be able to rent a car in the USA and drop it off in another country, if you did find an exception it would be extremely expensive I would imagine.

Some sights between Vegas and Denver other than the canyon could include the National parks of Southern Utah, Zion, Bryce canyon, Capitol Reef, Arches and Canyonlands, Monument Valley in AZ, Mesa Verde, Black canyon and Rocky mountain NP in Colorado, Monuments such as Four Corners and Colorado National Monument, not to mention scenic Byways and small mountain towns ! [And that's such a part of the selection !]

I would suggest you get a good map of the USA, do a bit of research by searching the RTA forums and road trip planning pages in the tool bars above and start getting a few dots on the map. Once you have got further down the road with your planning we will be able to help you to fine tune your plans and offer meaningful suggestions.

Enjoy the planning !

3. Default

Southwest Dave

That is a wonderful warm reply and is very helpful indeed. I'm looking forward to the adventure... particularly as i'm in my late 50's and have never driven a left hand drive before, or an automatic! Should be fun trying.

Thanks again, will get stuck into the planning over the coming weeks, but your suggestions will be 'planned in'

Cheers & keep up the excellent work......its a great forum you have here