1. Default Road trip from San Francisco to Death Valley

I am new to this forum and was hoping to get advice/suggestions for a trip my girlfriend and I are planning from San Francisco to Death Valley. We will leave 12/27/2012 and return on 1/2/2013. We will be renting a RV from cruiseamerica (they are really cheap at the moment). Anyway, we will most likely be staying at a RV park right outside of Death Valley for our stay there, but I would appreciate any advice/suggestions about what to see while there, and also suggestions about places to stop on the way, or other attractions in the death valley area. I think 4-5 days at death valley alone may be excessive, plus it is about 500 miles each way, so it may be nice to see other things on the way. I would appreciate any advice/suggestions you may have. Thank you.

South of England.

Default No shortage of options.

Hello and welcome to RTA !

A few of the other options you could explore would include driving down the very scenic coast highway between Monterey and Cambria, perhaps spending the night near Cambria before heading inland. There is the Mojave National Preserve or you could spend a night in Vegas at the Oasis RV resort. Just outside Vegas you will find Valley of Fire state park and Lake Mead NRA.

On the way back you could visit the winter wonderlands of Seqouia and/or Yosemite NP, but it would be cold with the risk of ice and snow in the Sierras.