1. Default Driving a moving truck from Milwaukee, WI to Lynchburg, VA

I am leaving Sunday 11-4 and looking to avoid going through the mountains as much as possible. Any suggestions for the best way to get to Lynchburg, VA would be appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

As long as you are sticking to the freeways, you really don't have to worry about mountains. They are all going to be designed for use by long-haul truckers, with gradual slopes and curves, and a moving truck will have more than enough power to get across any road you'll be on. I assure you, I've driven a fully loaded moving van, pulling a car on a trailer behind, across the Colorado Rockies on I-70 without any problems at all.

For a route, it looks like your best bet for a route would be I-94/294 around Chicago, I-65 to Indy, I-70 to Dayton, US-35 to Charleston, and then I-77/I-64 to Lynchburg.

US-35 appears to be all 4 lanes except for a short section in West Virginia.

If you want to go stick completely to the Interstates (until just before Lynchburg at least), then stay on I-65 down to Louisville, and then just take I-64 east from there. That does add about 50 miles, however. Either way, its a drive that's more than 800 miles, and I'd plan on this trip taking a day and a half, with an overnight somewhere along the road.